The Great Pumpkin Beer fest! we were home and drunk and full of tasty autumn treats. Beer right out of pumpkins with spouts and taps and I wish it were butter beer but we can only do so much.
The night before we braved the chills and gathered in an open stadium for Sounders for the very first time. Everyone said 'you suck asshole' and there were tribal drums surrounded by victory. When things are good we raise up our hands and clap.
This morning we found cats curled near our sides to keep warm and bunnies under covers. Their ears back is the best thing I can see. Breakfast meant special doughnuts with coffees and I did math homework while trying (poorly) not to cry. James is good and knows about fractions and how to kiss my face. Lunch on bananas and light rail to the International District for INScape installation art. I thought the peeling walls emphasizing awkwardly lit bathrooms were more beautiful than the tied white sheets but what do I know about art? At the end I wanted to be at home pasting tissue to canvas- sometimes I cry in it but you don't tell people that because no one wants to know the depths of anyone else's sadness. Instead we walked determinedly through the Market and I pretended not to care about all the slow moving men with babies. We found golden beets, and garlic, celery root, and cabbage. There is the largest pot now stocked with borscht in the fridge we will eat for days.
In between we kiss on the lips and watch seemingly endless films of Sherlock Holmes.
No comments:
Post a Comment