Thursday, October 21

[Oatmeal]

I'm pretty excited. James and I sign the lease on our new place this Saturday. I've already reserved movers for the 30th so everything is just packing boxes until then. We bought furniture over the weekend. My dream bed.
Several years ago I attempted making my own upholstered head board. It was pretty terrible. This is much more thrilling. Oatmeal is a wonderful colour. We are also expecting an oak dining room set and a plum couch. Everything else will have to be accumulated over time but this feels like a delightful start. This is our first home together. Everywhere else has been his or mine first but this, this is another new place.
  My heart is so happy. We finally get to settle cozily into our very own nest. The other day James said we'd be able to stay for years. And we will. It's just the right spot and we both rejoice in the idea pushing roots into fresh soil.
             I wish it could be October forever. The world is crisp and the sunsets are so white. My instinct to hold onto everything isn't waining yet. Perhaps winter will prove to be renewing again. hmmm. hopes.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I loved October too! I took a walk yesterday, the weather was just right. I walked around and took pictures. October is defiantly one of the best months of the year.