Wednesday, December 8

[invention]

one of my favourite things about life is that change is inevitable. no matter what, the world presses on. I am sure I wound not have been able to persevere in the past had this rule of time not been placed carefully at the very back of my mind. In consideration, this may have been a factor pre-eighteen. I believed in some alternate dimension where the permanence of life's folds and events were unbearable. And then, there it was; change.
Again and again and again. Time could give a fuck if you care, everything is always evolving or devolving. It doesn't matter because it just is different. and thank gawd. my heart could not take it any other way.
In the same vein, knowing my mortality is limited, lightens me. I pour into everything else, as it poured into me. when I do get in the throes of it, i remind myself again (and again) that I am impermanent. I am simply whatever I am in that exact moment. I think, when there is something constant in ones life, something that hurts, it is good to remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MhVqvb3jG4

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I love this because it is so very true.