Friday, November 12

[preperations]

For the sake of needing more blog entries and having plenty of content, I've decided I'll share wedding plans with you. Darling things, you know.

The date is July 23rd 2011, at 6pm. We've yet to pick an officiant or decide the exact details of the ceremony. Vows and such. The most important parts tend to take a little longer. I've been meditating on the idea of including some version of the Cherokee's blanket ceremony tradition. Basically, the officiant puts a blanket/throw/sheet over both the bride and groom while reciting vows, to represent the new oneness of the couple. I know we'll have the following passage by Stan Davis read:
Now you will feel no rain for each of you will be shelter for the other  Now you will feel no cold for each of you will be warmth for the otherNow there is no lonelinessNow you are two persons but there is only one life before youGo now to your dwelling to enter into the days of your life together
and may your days be good and long upon the earth.
The ceremony will be at Lincoln Viewpoint in West Seattle:

Our reception will be at Zeitgeist Coffee


We're going to have Shoefly Pie Company's cutie pie cups for dessert:

A keg of Mothership Wit (our favourite summer beer):

We don't have a caterer yet but we want something local and deliciously Northwest. Right now we're pursuing our favourite pubs chef at the Virginia Inn

French presses of Stumptown:



Everything liquid will be served in jam jars, of which we already have plenty.


If we are lucky some small fusing of Combodeulxe and Uptown Lowdown Jazz Band will play live:
http://www.combodeluxe.net/music.html

James hasn't bought clothes yet but told me that he wants to look like he owns a yacht, like a play boy. He said he definitely wants to wear an ascot. Exciting stuff.

I had my heart on a specific sweet dress but the price increased and I cannot justify spending over $1,000 on a dress. Right now I'm beginning to fall in love with this dress from a maker on etsy.

I'm thinking I'll make or buy a simple white lace shrug and either wear flats of kitten heals. I definitely want to wear my hair down or mostly down.

We're going to fill the Cafe with floating yellow candles. And use our typewriter for a guestbook.

Oh, there are many many things...


1 comment:

~A~ said...

I liked your idea of including the Cherokee blanket ceremony. What i most love about weddings today is that there is no longer an attachment to conventional weddings. Weddings should be a unique reflection of the couple being paired and it sounds like you have some great plans to make you wedding truly your own :)